Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Myron Rolle NFL to Neurosurgeon



http://blackdoctor.org/512383/myron-rolle-from-the-nfl-to-neurosurgeon/



But just before his NFL dreams came true by enlisting in the draft, as scouts were eager to snatch him up, Rolle decided to delay his entering the NFL draft for a whole year to study medicine in Oxford, England. During that time, he was named a finalist for a Rhodes scholarship, the most prestigious academic award given.



“The NFL experience was amazing. I had a chance to play alongside some of the best athletes in the world. Only two other people can say that they were a Rhodes Scholar and an NFL player (Pat Haden and Byron White). I look back and say, ‘I got to the league, I got drafted.’”

So now, after much study and hard work, the 30-year-old Rolle will be graduating this Spring 2017 with his doctorate from Florida State University College of Medicine!“



It’s always, ‘What’s next?,'” explains Myron. “I think people align themselves with my way of thinking when they’re talking to me. They try to create new avenues for me to pursue, so if you want to be a doctor and you have interest in human rights and philanthropy and social equality of medicine and disease, why don’t you think about being surgeon general? Then you could have a political impact, with a stronger influence and a bigger platform. I’m that person. ‘What’s next? What’s next?'”

2 comments:

  1. There needs to be a wall in the Moore Center somewhere, where recruits and their PARENTS/GUARDIANS can see Rolle's achievements (and non-athletic achievements of other FSU athletes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is. At least last time I was there. In the wood cabinets, on the main floor. where you see a cabinet for the national titles and Heisman winners. There is also one for our two athletes who were Rhodes Scholars (Garret and Myron).

      Delete