Wednesday, September 18, 2019

FSU & Splash Mountain



https://floridastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/splash-mountain.265237/

So totally off topic from our team but just thought I’d share for anyone that didn’t know. I was recently at Disney world for my daughters 5th birthday and she could hardly get enough of the ride, splash mountain. After about the third time through I thought I heard something say either “go FSU” or just “FSU” inside one of the caves. I didn’t give it much thought, however when I got back home I read where an engineer that worked at Disney and helped with splash mountain graduated from FSU and designed a gopher to drop from above and say FSU! Just thought it was pretty cool.


Where The FSU Gopher is Located

The Splash Mountain FSU gopher is located in the cavern scene, the last scene before the water log reaches the incline for the big drop. The specific gopher seems to be the one that pops out of the ceiling when the water log is approaching Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit. The next time you are on the ride, pay attention to the gopher and see if you can hear it say “FSU”.

You can also hear the gopher say FSU on many of the videos of the ride that are posted on the internet. Just pay attention toward the end of the cavern portion of the ride and you will hear the gopher say FSU rather clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=HyYurgf_6u4


No comments:

Post a Comment