Friday, November 6, 2015

What are the top three items to be most optimistic about when it comes to the ACC?

Warchant.com has an ACC "insider" (I think he is an ACC HQ plant charged with pushing the ACC conference and shouting down any anti ACC discussion...he insists he is not an ACC employee) who loves to make predictions.

Here is his latest (below).  Hope he is correct, but like most ACC predictions, they are always a promise of something big happening in the future that we never see and later there is just denial that any predictions are made.  It is why I have saved some and LABELED them ("Predictions").

Here was his first incorrect prediction I recorded in 2014:  http://allthingsfsu.blogspot.com/2014/03/predictions.html



What are the top three items to be most optimistic about when it comes to the ACC?


"Wow, I feel like the bat signal went up or something. Top 3? Well that's tough because there really is so much to be excited about but if I had to pick 3 it would be:

1) Having the most champions in so many different sports and dominating especially in the Big 3--football, basketballs and baseball. I know some people think that only football matters but having a football champion in football 4 out of 5 years may get even those excited.

2) Notre Dame joining as a full time member in 2018. Seems like a long ways off but it will be here before we know it.

3) The ACC Network.
 



"Do I think PSU good be the 16th team? They certainly could. But there's also a good possibility that the Power 5 reorganizes as a whole which could move some schools around for better geographic and natural rivalry splits, but also de-emphasize the traditional conference aspect of it with a lot more cross-competition. Honestly I don't know the details of it, but from the little bits I have heard there are a lot of possibilities. There will be a convergence amongst the P5 soon enough and that will start to crystallize. Bottom line is that ND is slowly tying itself into the ACC as we know it and that will continue."


"Moz, when I 1st met you and your ACC friends at the ACC hotel in 2010 in Charlotte you told me that the ACC was about to drop a few bombs and I thought you were crazy. That we were expanding and Notre Dame would be one of the teams. Then it happened, I have thought back on that night a few times. I have to admit I didn't believe it at 1st. You also said that there's still a few more pieces to the puzzle that would be a few years off. Care to update? I also sent you a email in case there's something you don't want to say here. Lets plan on meeting in Charlotte after we win this weekend
 

No comments:

Post a Comment